ROARING For HOLLYWILD Update:
So much accomplished but much left to do!
We have no time to rest! We have still raised only $130,000 of our $250,000 goal for this year. Those funds are necessary to help keep our gates open and the lights on. We are committed to doing all we can but can’t do it alone– please join us now to keep the momentum going!!
As you plan your gift, take a few moments to look at all we’ve accomplished so far this year. What a great list to see on paper!
Support Hollywild with a donation and spreading the word that we truly are here to be a resource to the community. Our 2016 Park Season has closed as we prepare for our 26th Annual Holiday Lights Safari, the single largest fundraising event for the park.
We will open our nightly Holiday Lights Safari at 6 PM on Friday, November 18th, with sneak preview nights on Nov. 12 & 13. Come experience Hollywild – bring your friends, family, co-workers, and employees out to see all we’ve accomplished this year and help us lay the foundation for all we can be for the future with your financial gift today!
So far for 2016…
- Just in! An Oct. 21 USDA inspection was “all clear” and was the third consecutive clean inspection report for the year!
- Hollywild hosted a public Forum to promote community engagement. As a result, Hollywild was adopted by Community Promotions, an innovative marketing company, resulting in a brand new responsive upgraded website. The forum also produced HAP’s first corporate sponsor. Contec pledged a $150,000 gift spread out across five years.
- Hollywild received a designated gift to start the necessary work on an Education center, almost $ 2,000 to cover the cost of electrical upgrades. Many additional project specific donations and volunteer efforts had us ready for the center’s formal opening with a public and media event on Labor Day! This supports our ongoing commitment to maximizing our ability to be an educational resource that was initially recognized with funding provided by the Spartanburg County Foundation to hire our new education coordinator. Year-round classes are now something we can offer
- Staffing Goals Met in Animal Department – fully staffed with maintenance department revamped to include new procedures such as work orders and ongoing assessment plans
- Two USDA Inspections, both “Clean”
- First After-Hours Concert Series held in Amphitheater – all volunteer talent, exciting venue
- Amphitheater Beautification – all volunteer
- Private donations made to cover Director, Curator, and Two Animal Staff Members joined AAZK (American Association of Zoo Keepers)
- Director and Curator joined ZAA (Zoological Association of America) as associate members. Curator attended ZAA Conference to build affiliation toward accreditation goal. Donations received to cover flights. Budget support given to cover the additional expenses for this necessary accreditation focused item.
- Homeschool Days brought in dozens of families who had never been to the park before. Though this was a program started in years past, having a dedicated part time staff member coordinating this educational program brought in a whole new group of participants, expanding the quality of the program and our educational reach.
- Hollywild joined Species 360 program, an international to facilitate international collaboration in the collection and sharing of knowledge on animals and their environments for zoos, aquariums and related conservation organizations to serve institutional, regional and global animal management and conservation goals.
- Curator has drafted Hollywild’s First Collection Plan, setting long term vision for the animal Collection with a vision to broaden HAP’s conservation education platform.
- Education Center formally opened on Labor Day, 2016. Highlights include two new animals, a visiting animal and classroom space that allows for year-round use. Remind your children’s teachers that Hollywild offers great field trips, personalized programs, and in-school programs too.
- Board as well as Operations Policies to set updated mandates regarding animal care to align with accreditation goals
- New Animals: A relationship with PAWS Wildlife Sanctuary and Rehabilitation Center and our education coordinator’s ability to expand her Federal Migratory Bird License has brought us two crows and an owl that can be used for educational purposes.
- Ongoing updating of Operational PolicieFirst Major Fundraising effort started since nonprofit status (1999) – Roaring for Hollywild. Campaign has already produced dozens of first-time donors. Fundraising Task Force Expanding into Greenville to promote HAP as an UPSTATE Resource is in process.
- Key elements: $150,000 from Contec, $10,000 committed (spread over 5 years) from the Inman Riverdale Foundation, $10,000 (spread over 3 years) commitment from The Barnet Foundation, private individual gifts given of $10,000 and $15,000 (spread over three years) and numerous first timed, individual donors with gifts ranging from $50 - $ 5,000. NEW! A $20,000 gift from the Balmer Foundation was received 10/3/16!
- Additional fundraising initiatives have been put into place that will take place in the coming months including several initiatives started by fans and friends and taking place as far away as Columbia, SC.
We have no time to rest! We have still raised only $ 120,000 of our $250,000 goal for this year. Those funds are necessary to help keep our gates open and the lights on, literally! More is needed for the many projects suggested by the community we serve to improve our ability to be all we can be, but we’ve been prioritizing all the goals with Animal Care and our accreditation needs first.
We are committed to doing all we can but can’t do it alone– please join us now to keep the momentum going!! Support Hollywild with a donation and spreading the word that we truly are here to be a resource to the community.
We will open our nightly Holiday Lights Safari at 6 PM on Friday, November 18th, with sneak preview nights on Nov. 12 & 13. Come experience Hollywild – bring your friends, family, co-workers, and employees out to see all we’ve accomplished this year and help us lay the foundation for all we can be for the future with your financial gift today! Consider purchasing Holiday lights passes in advance as gifts for friends, family, and your employees.
We also offer discounts for packets of 15 or more tickets. This can be a great way to say thank-you to employees while providing essential support for OUR Upstate Animal Park.
- Donation Checks can be mailed to: Hollywild Roaring Campaign, PO Box 683, Inman, SC 29349. Please remember we are a 501c(3) nonprofit organization registered in SC.
- Donations may also be made below with the Donate Now button
- Advance Holiday Lights tickets are available online
If you have questions about becoming part of the Roaring Effort, please don’t hesitate to call or email me!
Kim Atchley, Executive Director
(864)472-2038 x1102 or (864)415-9881 cell